DC14 - what's this part?

If you need technical help with your Dyson DC14 you can post it here
puzzled
Dyson model: Dyson DC14

DC14 - what's this part?

Post by puzzled »

I posted a query recently requesting assistance in locating where a 16mm long spring clip is located. This I have "spare" following replacing the motor!! Don't seem to have had a reply posted on the forum. cam anyone help please.
BB Dyson
Dyson model: v6 fluffy

Re: DC14

Post by BB Dyson »

Good afternoon, do you happen to have a photo of the spring you can upload, this way we can identify it.
puzzled

Post by puzzled »

bulbrook wrote:Good afternoon, do you happen to have a photo of the spring you can upload, this way we can identify it.
Thanks for responding. Yes I have a photograph but not confident of how to send it but will attempt. The clip is of the order of 16mm long.
Photo image reference is :-[img-20190308-161606-BURST001]
Please confirm if you can view from this.
Thanks , Puzzled
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

BB Dyson

Post by BB Dyson »

Hi, yes I can see the photo. That spring is located on the clutch unit, it acts as a belt guard. Not all clutches where fitted with them. So you can either leave it off but keep safe so if you strip the machine again you can refit it. Or strip the machine down again now to refit. If it was me I would not worry about it for the time being
puzzled

Post by puzzled »

bulbrook wrote:Hi, yes I can see the photo. That spring is located on the clutch unit, it acts as a belt guard. Not all clutches where fitted with them. So you can either leave it off but keep safe so if you strip the machine again you can refit it. Or strip the machine down again now to refit. If it was me I would not worry about it for the time being

Thanks for your response. Thats a relief to learn i can use the cleaner safely until i strip it down again. I will retain as you recomend. Is there a diagram available showing where this fits on the clutch unit i.e.an explodedf view?
BB Dyson

Post by BB Dyson »

This shows where the clip is located. It can only be fitted one way.
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

puzzled

Post by puzzled »

bulbrook wrote:This shows where the clip is located. It can only be fitted one way.
Thanks; Picture showing location of clip just what I needed.
I think we can now put this topic to bed. Thanks again for your assistance in solving my query.
No Longer "Puzzled"