Do DC50 & DC50 Animal use the same parts??

If you need technical help with your Dyson DC40, DC41, DC42, DC50, DC51, DC55, DC65, DC66, DC75, DC77, Small Ball, Light Ball you can post it here
Baldrick
Dyson model: DC50

Do DC50 & DC50 Animal use the same parts??

Post by Baldrick »

Hi

Due to needing a replacement component, I’d like to know if there is a difference between the DC50 and the DC50 Animal. I need a new Cyclone Assembly for my 2014 Dyson (although, not necessarily the cylinder dust bin) but I can not work out if the 2 models (assuming there are 2 models) have inter-changeable parts? Fortunately, there are plenty of second hand spares available on various websites.

Many thanks

Rick
BB Dyson
Dyson model: v6 fluffy

Re: Do DC50 & DC50 Animal use the same parts??

Post by BB Dyson »

As a general rule of thumb both the standard DC50 and the DC50 animal use the same parts. So yes you can swap the cyclones and it will only be the colour that is different.

That being said, and this is only as a side note. There may be a difference with the cleaner head, depending on their age.

All DC50 heads are interchangeable, so that means you can take the head from a DC50 Multi-floor and place it on a DC50 Animal. However the brush from one head may not be able to be used to replace the brush in the other head. This is because one head may be a ERP head (red slider on the front of the head) and one may be a non erp (no red slider) both look the same. But the brush bars are different and putting the wrong one in can cause it to seize around the head motor.