Which Motor

If you need technical help with your Dyson DC05, DC08, DC11, DC19, DC20, DC21, DC22, DC23, DC32 you can post it here
Candy7
Dyson model: DC08

Which Motor

Post by Candy7 »

New to this forum and live in the UK

I resurrected my Dyson DC08 after 5 years in storage.

At time of storing it it had stopped working properly, machine kept turning on and off when it got hot.

Took the plunge, stripped it and have to say I'm ashamed, the muck that was inside, really bad but none of the cyclone tubes were blocked.

I washed everything, looks like it has come off the factory floor.

12 years ago Dyson replaced the motor, it's in front of me, a YDK YV 2201 BC11 240, I am assuming that is a 1400w motor?.

As the motor was switching on and off as it got hot and while filthy inside but not blocked I'm thinking either the TOC or a knackered motor, plenty of life in the brushes.

The motors are cheap enough and come complete but there are so many after market ones on ebay/Amazon, is there a supplier/seller I should be going for, any recommendations?

I have read a number of reviews, some YDK replacement motors last 6 months it appears other seem to keep going.

More then happy to do a like for like swap but read a couple of posts elsewhere they upgraded the motor to 1600w, how easy an upgrade/swap would that be?